DG-DCORE-DR01-MIMO - 5G Railway Router
The DCORE-DR01-MIMO is a powerful stand-alone high reliability 4x4 MIMO 5G Train EDGE Gateway Router with a dedicated LINUX application processor capable of independently executing Client Services. This DR01 router variant is completely fucntionally compatible with the DG-DCORE-DR01-R.
This device combines the functions of an EDGE gateway computer with a HW accelerated dedicated WRT router core, which directly manages the 5G modem. Separate processors are used for application software and the WRT Linux router to improve performance and enable easier software development. The application processor directly connects to the core router with an internal Ethernet interface. This enables independent upgrading of application layer software services without the need to touch the Layer 3 routing core software.
The figure below illustrates the DCORE-DR01-MIMO in a typical coach PIS modernisation solution.
The small footprint DCORE-DR01-MIMO is ideal for upgrade programs due to its small size and support for project specific firmware adaptations. Train location is based on an IMU supported high sensitivity ADR GNSS subsystem. The 5G modem is based on the latest Qualcomm SDX65 chipset, which supports UL and DL MIMO using n40 and n78 bands. Standard RJ45 connectors are used for the Ethernet interfaces.
The router features a soldered down GNSS subsystem with UDR support for installation cases where limited satellite coverage is available. The UDR based positioning can reliably navigate underground or in poor satellite signal conditions assisted by the IMU based sensor data.
Duragon can supply a suitable railway compliant antenna with 2x2 MIMO 5G and GNSS. Ina 4x4 MIMO solution two such antennas would be used.
- EDGE Gateway Router for Train Upgrades
- 5G Router for Onboard Diagnostic Systems
- PIS System Gateway Controller
- WiFi Gateway Using External AP
- Dedicated Dual Core Layer 3 Router SoC with WRT-Linux FW
- Quad core CORTEX-A7 1.2GHz Linux Application Processor
- ARM CORTEX M0 system management and I/O Controller
- HW accelerated advance routing functions VLAN, NAT, IPsec etc.
- UDR assisted RTK GNSS navigation subsystem
- 4x4 MIMO DL 2x2 MIMO UL LTE/5G MIMO modem
- 4x 10/100/1000Mbit Ethernet RJ45 connectors
- 2 + 1 RS-232/485 Serial ports
- J1939 Bus FMS CAN port
- 2 Digital input, 2 Outputs, Audio I/O
- Internal voltage and temperature monitor
- Secure tamper proof electronic serial number
- 9-36VDC input with railway grade PSU
- Compliant with En50155, En50121, En61373 and En45545-2
- 4-core 64-bit ARM application processor
- 512KB DRAM, 2GB eMMC Flash disk
- SD-slot for storage expansion
- CORTEX M0 System Management Controller
- MT7621A Mediatek Router Chipset
- Dedicated WRT Router OS build
- 10/100Mbit Ethernet interface to Application Processor
- Direct connection to 5G Modem
- 4x 10/100/1000Mbit Routed Ethernet Ports
- J1939 FMS CAN
- 2x RS-485 and 1x RX-232 Ports
- MIC and Stereo Output
- Ignition Key and Emergency inputs,2x MOSFET Outputs
- 3G/LTE/5G modem with eSIM and uSIM card slot
- Modem band specification available upon request
- UDR assisted GNSS receiver with antenna diagnostics
- Anodized Aluminum extruded enclosure (Grey or Blue)
- uSIm and SD card under rear panel
- Connectors: M12
FAKRA C-D Code, Automotive I/O connector, 3.2mm jack
- Active voltage clamp compliant with ISO 7637-2 and En50155
- 5W typical power consumption
- 135mm(W) x 210mm(D) x 35mm(H)
- Flanges 14mm
- Operating: -25° to +55°C
- Storage: -40° to +85°C
- 95% at 45°C non-condensing
- En50155, En50121, En61373